Monday 11 January 2016

It's Back To School For Zappy Majirani!

AFTER dropping out of university three years ago to pursue music, rapper Zappy Majirani has decided to go back to school!
The Hivo Ndio Kunaendaga hit-maker dropped out at the University of Nairobi where he was pursuing a degree in Criminology, a course he disliked because “it was forced on me by my parents, especially my dad who works with the Kenya Defence Forces as a Navy soldier”.
However, the rapper – who records with Grandpa Records under promoter Refigah – says that after dropping out, he vowed to never ask his parents for college fees to rejoin campus and pursue the course he liked.
"Music was my passion but they (parents) never understood me. I am now in a position to pay for my own college fees and I am joining Moi University in Eldoret this February to do a degree in Information Technology. In the short span I have been in music, I have realised that I need something extra to back up my music business.”
Musically speaking, Majirani feels that his comeback, which he marked with the hit Tukumbukeko, has been remarkable.
He says: “Studying will not hinder the incredible response I have received for my music. I am already in studio and new music is coming out soon.”
Follow the link for his latest video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xP9RpgZcs8
   

No comments:

Post a Comment