Thursday 31 December 2015

Denise Gordon's Last Message Of 2015

KENYA-based US Soulful Jazz and Blues singer-songwriter, Denise Gordon, has her ultimate last message to her fans and friends.
She says: "I don't know what to think of 2015. It was a reflective year with the loss of my mother Naomi Gordon in April. Losing a mother is so much different than losing a father. Being without both parents is a milestone that leads to no celebration. I do not qualify for orphan status, but it was a strange kind of lonely."
"As I prepare for my New Year's Eve performance at the exclusive Muthaiga Club, I was on YouTube looking for the music we are to perform. One such song is Try Jah Love by Third World. There were so many RIPs in the comments and learned that the lead singer Bunny Rugs passed away last year to cancer. I was so hurt to know I would never hear that voice again live. This year, I also lost a friend and musical mentor Jean Papy Safari from Rwanda. I initiated my first note with him in the Piano Bar Band. My first duet of Endless Love was performed with him. Gone way too soon."
"New Beginnings, the TV drama I am featured in just wrapped on shooting Season 3 and was trending in the number one position in Kenya this past weekend... Woop woop #NewBeginningsKE! Karaoke has been on hiatus this month, but we will be back with a bang in the new year."
"This month, I hired a PR consultant. I said I needed to get strategic to weather the ebbs and flows of my Musical journey. They have done market research to devise a communication strategy to attract more of the likes of you! I have had certain encounters that has made me want to out and out quit. But Blaze told me, that is the time to regroup and renew. I visited the sacred gardens to meditate and pray on it and I keep looking for the signs that give me direction."
"I am wishing you joy, health and prosperity!"


No comments:

Post a Comment