Wednesday 2 December 2015

LUPITA NYONG'O: I HAD FORGOTTEN WHO I WAS!

KENYAN Hollywood star, Lupita Nyong'o, has admitted that she got caught up in the Hollywood whirlwind.
The 32-year-old Oscar winner - who has graced the cover of Essence magazine's January issue - confessed, "I had talked so much about who I was that I'd forgotten who I was. After 12 Years A Slave and the quote-unquote meteoric rise, I felt like there was a moment where I was suffering from whiplash."
The actress has spent the past few months in the off-Broadway play, Eclipsed.
"I didn't grow up seeing African women on stage very often, much less African women in African stories. I was in love with the world Danai created," she said about the play. 


In addition to starring in Eclipsed, Lupita will play Maz Kanata, a female pirate in Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens.

No comments:

Post a Comment