Tuesday 15 December 2015

Journalists Mourn Departed KTN News Anchor Ahmed Dharwesh

FOLLOWING the sudden demise of KTN's Swahili news anchor, Ahmed Dharwesh, after his struggle with diabetes on Monday evening, journalists and the entire media fraternity have been paying tribute to their fallen colleague. 
Classic 105's Maina Kageni said on twitter: "We loved you but God loved you more. Rest In Peace Ahmed Dharwesh."
Nation Media Group's Linus Kaikai wrote: "I mourn a gentle soul and an incredibly kind human Ahmed Dharwesh. A truly good person; a cameras natural and a newsroom dependable. RIP."
Nairobian's Grace Karanja said: "He was a humble soul. Always in high spirits and good mood. My first chit chat with him was at the office cafeteria when he asked me if I was joining KTN team. I was only a few days old at SG. He was dissapointed when I informed him 'Mimi ni mtu wa magazeti'. We always struck a conversation whenever we met. He was such a jovial chap. Ahmed Darwesh. RIP. It is such a sad morning. May God comfort your family. You have left a mark in the media industry. RIP."
The Standard's Nzau Musau wrote on Facebook: "Only last week we disrupted an urgent editorial meeting to make way for Ahmed Dharwesh to pray in the boardroom. We had not realized our meeting had coincided with his prayer schedule until he walked in with his prayer mat. We moved out to an adjacent empty office. We were right for its the last encounter I had with him. He was a prayerful soul, nice chap to get along with. A gentleman per excellence. The only man at SGL who said hi to me before knowing me (Truth is that most pple only engage you after they know your portfolio). Fare thee well, O weary traveler... You can now rest."
The Star's Martin Mwita wrote: "I wake up to the sad news of the passing on of an Icon, mentor and role model in the country's journalism world.
Ahmed Dharwesh, Fare Thee well Bro. My heartfelt condolences to his family and Friends and the entire media fraternity in Kenya. It is a big loss. Pray his family finds comfort in Allah... Inna lilahi wainna ilaihi rajiun."


Daily Nation's Isaac Swila said: "To say that I knew him at personal level would be a lie .However, what stands out for me, is his ever-present radiant smile .His untimely demise is shocking as much as its hurting .A big loss to the Standard Group family and the Kenyan media as a whole. May the Good Lord comfort his family and rest his soul in Eternal Peace. Till we meet again Ahmed Darwesh."
NTV's Wallace Kantai said: "Praying tonight for the family and for the soul of Ahmed Darwesh."
The Star reporter Adow Mohamed wrote: "Ahmed was HUMBLE, PARAYERFUL, TRUE TO HIS FAITH" is what all I read about my brother Ahmed Darwesh. That's all we can be before we meet our Creator, the Most High. Ahmed you indeed remained true and steadfast in your faith. May Jannah be your home..."
One of Dharwesh's childhood friends and an accomplished jazz singer Juma Tutu said: "Rest in peace my dear friend and former schoolmate.I remember the crazy stuff you used to do in school that many thought you had lost it.Then you became one of the finest news anchor in the Country.I celebrate you.Kwaheri kaka na tutaonana baadaye."

No comments:

Post a Comment